"Money when you need it most!"

Can I claim for unemployment if I am self-employed?

Back to main FAQs

If you are Self-Employed, you must also have Ceased to Trade and if you are a Company Director, your company must have been wound up by a creditor who is not a director of that company.

Additionally you must be:

Please note that your normal income is defined as the monthly average of the annual income before deduction of Income Tax and National Insurance you declared to the Inland Revenue on your self-assessment tax return and as stated on the HMRC form SA302 or equivalent for the previous tax year (the tax year immediately prior to the tax year in which the claim occurs). We will not consider claims for income which has not been declared to and processed by the relevant UK tax authorities.