"Money when you need it most!"

If I am Self-Employed can I still apply for Payment Protection Insurance?

Back to main FAQs

Yes, you can apply for cover but there are restrictions that will apply and it is important that you satisfy yourself that cover is right for you.

For clarification we define self-employed as meaning you are working alone, or in partnership with others in the UK for remuneration or profit, registered with HMRC as Self-Employed, and paying Class 2 National Insurance Contributions (or being credited in respect of such contributions) and being assessed for Income Tax under Schedule D Case I or II.

If you are self-employed, monthly benefit will only be payable under the unemployment section of cover if you have ceased to trade. If you are a company director, your company must have been wound up by a creditor who is not a director of that company.