"Money when you need it most!"

What if I become unemployed as the result of becoming a Carer?

Back to main FAQs

We will consider an unemployment claim if you can provide the following evidence that you are:

• required to care for a partner or relative and

• you are registered with your local Social Services Department as a Carer and are in receipt of or awaiting Carers allowance from the Department of Work and Pensions or any subsequent equivalent.

We will pay your monthly benefit as defined in your schedule and in respect of the Excess Period you selected.

Please note: Carer Cover only applies if your Schedule shows that you have chosen Unemployment Cover.